Use one of the following links to apply for funding or to access your account.
How to Apply
1. Review the Dyson Foundation’s funding guidelines and priority funding areas.
2. Apply for funding by completing a letter of inquiry form through our online Grants Portal»
If a letter of inquiry fits within the Dyson Foundation current funding priorities, Dyson Foundation staff will either invite a proposal or communicate our reasons for not doing so. At the time of submission of the full proposal, the organization will also submit a series of documents, such as: organizational budget with budget narrative, project budget with budget narrative (if appropriate), audited financial statements, and current financial statements. Foundation staff will work closely with applicants on developing proposals and related materials.
The Dyson Foundation board and staff evaluate inquiries and proposals on the following criteria:
• closeness of fit with the Foundation’s program priorities and values
• significance of the need to be addressed
• potential to achieve significant and enduring results
• capacity of the applicant to accomplish its goals and objectives
• appropriateness of the budget
During the review, representatives of the Foundation might hold site visits and meetings with the applicants staff, board, or volunteers. The time required to review a proposal varies according to the proposal itself, the issue areas, and the number of proposals in review. It can take six months from the time a letter of inquiry is submitted to the awarding of a grant. The directors of the Dyson Foundation meet quarterly, at which time they consider funding recommendations. There are no pre-set deadlines for submission of materials.
If you would like to talk with a Foundation program officer before submitting your letter of inquiry form, please feel free to call us at 845-677-0644.