Project Support Grants
The Dyson Foundation makes project support grants available to 501 (c) 3 nonprofit organizations in the Mid-Hudson Valley (Columbia, Dutchess, Greene, Orange, Putnam, and Ulster counties). Search grants including Project Support grants»
The Dyson Foundation will consider single and multi-year requests for projects that support the following needs:
- Basic human needs such as food, housing, health care and other human services.
- Youth after-school and summer programs (see After-School and Summer Programs guidelines).
- Organizational capacity building efforts (see Management Assistance Program).
- Nonprofit mergers and collaborations (see Nonprofit Strategic Restructuring Initiative).
The Dyson Foundation makes limited funding available to Dutchess County public and independent schools (find guidelines here), and in certain circumstances, we will also consider funding to faith-based organizations (find guidelines here).
We will consider funding to arts organizations that provide support or training to other arts organizations, and on a much more limited basis, we will consider funding to arts organizations if they have demonstrated and significant positive impacts on job opportunities and the local economy.
We will consider grants for economic development only where there is a clear charitable purpose and public benefit, as well as a direct link with the Dyson Foundation's priority funding areas.
The Dyson Foundation does not fund the following:
- historic preservation
- environmental activities
- capital construction or renovation
How to Apply to the Dyson Foundation for funding.